Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Part 2... Rubber Duckies for Sale?

So the next part of our journey and the one intimidating part of this whole adventure was the fundraising. Every person walking must raise $2200.00. And you can raise your money any way you want to. So I sent out letters and emails to every person and family member I know. Lia and I also had our little fundraiser. We sold rubber duckies... all different kinds from military to cheerleaders, to cowboys and firefighters. We sold them at the Harvest Museum in Vista over three days and we raised $400. Some people would buy the duckies and some just donated. My first donation came from a colleague of mine. I was just telling her about what I was doing and she handed me her email and said I want to donate. I thought "WOW " if it's this easy I will have no trouble raising the money and you know what? It was very easy! Oh and my last donation was after I walked :) Isn't that awesome!
I raised,drum roll please...
$2852.00
I want to personally thank all my donors for their monetary contributions and for those who were cheering me on at home. I am truly grateful to all of you.

Lia and me

Lia sporting her new 3 day gear
My kids and niece helping us sell those duckies

Until tomorrow and the journey continues...

3 comments:

rachel said...

Those ducks are really cute - I haven't seen some like those!

amylouwhosews said...

this is a great idea - you should have this blog turned into a book when you are done.

Julie said...

I love it!! I can feel the unity just reading this!! I really want to do this one day! I am doing a 7K snowshoeing race for the cure in april, but it's nothing like this! You go girl!